young and beautiful
my life basically consists of netflix/hulu, fruit, dealing with people at school, reminding myself to be confident, fruit, college work, Lana Del Rey, making people laugh (which only works about 12% of the time), and trying to save the environment.
i'm 17, although most of the time i feel 22 even though i want to be 10 again.
my family calls me nonnie, and sometimes i feel like i'm talking to family here, so you've earned the right to follow their lead.
planning on majoring in nutritional sciences; wishing i was in california right now
Friday, 8 - 03 - 2013
White bean, tomato, and red pepper salad (vegan, gluten-free, nut-free)
Based off The Veggie Blackboard (<— check out her blog for amazing recipes and beautiful pictures!)
So delicious and light! There’s protein from the beans, and you get your serving of vegetables with the crunchy pepper and nutritious tomato. And it’s a great side for lunches!
What you will need:
- 1 15-oz can small white beans (or cannelloni, etc)
- 1 red bell pepper (I only used about 3/4)
- 1 medium-large tomato (heirloom would be great in the summer!)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp dried coriander (or more, depending on taste)
- 1 tsp dried basil (or more, depending on taste)
- 1 tbsp capers
- Small handful sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- About 1/2 tbsp olive oil
What you will do:
- Rinse beans under cold running water
- Dice pepper, tomato, and sun-dried tomatoes
- Combine all ingredients in a big bowl, and mix
- Add salt and pepper to taste
tallblondeanddreaming posted this